Why Manufactures should use a releasePosted: November 15, 2009
Ten Reasons why manufactures of recreation products should be using a release!
- It informs customers of possible hazards of a new product they have never tried before.
- It helps new customers to the sport understand the risks of the sport and your equipment.
- It creates a relationship between you and your retailers that is hard to break by a plaintiff’s lawyer.
- A release protects your rep force from lawsuits from retailers or customers.
- A release provides you with the name, address, email and contact info of everyone who demo’s your products if your release asks for the information.
- You can use the release to track what someone is demoing and what they thought about the product and the sport.
- It will help you win a lawsuit if the customer uses your product incorrectly.
- It will help you win a lawsuit if the customer is new to the sport and does not understand the intricate issues of the sport and your product.
- It will help you win a lawsuit if your product breaks and injures the customer
- It will keep you from spending months with a defense attorney.
November Free Review of Releases Program
In an opportunity to help generate ideas and interest in my blog and the Outdoor Recreation and Fitness Law Review I am going to make everyone an offer you can’t refuse. During the month of November I am going to review your releases or acknowledgment of risk documents for free. You have to complete two steps to get this offer..
- Take the Survey and answer the questions and provide the necessary contract information.
- Send me a PDF or a Word document of your release or acknowledgment of risk form to me.
In return I’ll send you a review of your release. No Charge. I’ll let you know the problems you have or changes you need to make in your release or acknowledgment or risk form.
Why? I need more information about what you are looking for in an attorney, what you want from the blog, what worries you about the legal and risk management aspects of your program and subscribers to the Outdoor Recreation Law Review. I want to learn more about you. The questionnaire is going to help provide some of those answers.
Let Everyone You Know, Know about this.
Pass this information along on Facebook, Twitter and Email your friends and associates.
- I’m only licensed in the state of Colorado
- This will be a review. I will identify the issues I’ve found in your release or acknowledgment of risk form only.
- You must complete all questions on the quiz and provide complete and correct information.
- It can only be a PDF or a Word (doc, docx).
- The release is for use by human powered outdoor recreation programs or adventure travel programs.
- I reserve the right to cancel at any time or reject a program or release
- It may take several weeks to review your document; there is no time limit on my end.
- I reserve the right to change the rules, modify the rules, cancel the idea, or do anything else I want.
- There is no value in doing this.
- I’m not responsible for what you do with the information.
The information collected will not be used, distributed or given to anyone else. The contact information will be kept separate and not identified with the survey answers.