4th annual Experience Industry Management ConferencePosted: March 19, 2016
The 4th annual Experience Industry Management Conference is coming up in just a few weeks (March 29-30) at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT. The goal of the conference is to create a common ground for idea sharing, networking, and collaboration for students, professionals, and academics interested in the design, implementation, and evaluation of meaningful experiences across a variety of contexts and industries (e.g., events, recreation, sports marketing/management, tourism, hospitality, etc.). The conference theme for this year is Experience Design.
This year’s conference will feature an excellent selection of experience design related speakers, workshops, and networking events. Announced speakers include:
- Dan Farr: Founder of SLC Comic Con
- Fire Fly: Firefly has opened for some of the biggest names in country music including: LeAnn Rimes, and Blake Shelton
- Tanner Bell: President of Ragnar Events
- Davis Smith: CEO of Cotopaxi
- Todd Manwaring: Director of BYU’s Ballard Center for Economic Self-Reliance and Peery Social Entrepreneurship Program
- Lee Moreau, Principal at Continuum
- Shane Lewis: Senior Story Artist Avalanche Software, subsidiary of Disney Interactive Studios
The Conference will be preceded by a one day research retreat on March 28. The research retreat will have a mixture of research presentation, work in progress sessions, and round tables all with a focus on experience related research.
For more information regarding the conference and to register please visit: http://marriottschool.byu.edu/event/eimconf2016/home