New Book on Ultrarunning and TrainingPosted: April 26, 2016 Filed under: Youth Camps, Zip Line | Tags: Koop, Ultrarunning, VeloPress Leave a comment
JASON KOOP LEADS AN ULTRAMARATHON TRAINING REVOLUTION
Koop’s New Book, Training Essentials for Ultrarunning, Reveals His Unique Training Approach
When elite ultrarunners have a need for speed, they turn to coach Jason Koop. Now the sport’s leading coach makes his highly effective ultramarathon training methods available to ultrarunners of all abilities in his new book, Training Essentials for Ultrarunning. Koop’s book is now available in bookstores, running shops, and online. See a preview at velopress.com/koop.
Ultramarathoners have traditionally piled on the miles or tried an approach that worked for a friend. Yet ultramarathons are not just longer marathons; simply running more will not prepare you for the race experience you want. Ultramarathon requires a new and specific approach to training. Training Essentials for Ultrarunning will revolutionize training for those who want to race an ultramarathon instead of just gutting it out to the finish line.
Koop’s race-proven ultramarathon program is based on sound science, the most current research, and years of experience coaching the sport’s star runners to podium performances. Packed with practical advice and vetted training methods, Training Essentials for Ultrarunning is the new, must-have resource for first-timers and ultramarathon veterans.
Runners using Training Essentials for Ultrarunning will gain much more than Koop’s training approach:
* The science behind ultramarathon performance.
* Common ultramarathon failure points and how to solve them.
* How to use interval training to focus workouts, make gains, reduce injuries, and race faster.
* Simple, effective fueling and hydration strategies.
* Koop’s A.D.A.P.T. method for making the right decisions to solve a race-day crisis.
* How to plan your ultra season for better racing.
* Course-by-course coaching guides to iconic U.S. ultramarathons: American River 50, Badwater 135, Hardrock 100, Javelina 100, JFK 50, Lake Sonoma 50, Leadville 100, Vermont 100, Wasatch 100, and Western States 100.
* How to achieve your goal, whether it’s finishing or winning.
A revolution is coming to ultrarunning as ultramarathoners shed old habits and embrace the smarter methods that science and experience show are better. Featuring stories and advice from ultrarunning stars Dakota Jones, Kaci Lickteig, Dylan Bowman, Timothy Olson, and others who work with Koop, Training Essentials for Ultrarunning is the go-to guide for first-time ultrarunners and competitive ultramarathoners.