|Summer is here in the Tetons! While there is still some snow to be enjoyed up in the mountains, the valleys are green and lush with runoff from prolific snowfall during the 2016/17 winter. I hope you’re enjoying some summery weather wherever you are as well.
COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF TETON VALLEY’S TIN CUP CHALLENGE
This summer the AAA is participating in Teton Valley’s Tin Cup Challenge. This innovative philanthropic program hosted by the Community Foundation of Teton Valley (CFTV) supports nonprofit organizations in Teton Valley, Idaho. As a nonprofit organization based in Victor, Idaho, we are excited to join our local community in participating for the first time ever this summer!
During a 9-week charitable giving period, donors can give to the AAA through the Tin Cup Challenge (www.tincupchallenge.org). At the end of the giving period CFTV will pass along all funds raised for the AAA, plus a matching grant based upon how much has been donated to the AAA through Tin Cup (typically about another 50% of total funds raised for the AAA, i.e. if the AAA raises $1,000 through Tin Cup, we receive ~$1,500!).
In addition to the charitable giving period, the Community Foundation hosts a Tin Cup Challenge Event Day with a variety of fun and competitive runs and walks to celebrate engagement with and support of Teton Valley nonprofit organizations. Yes, I will be running this summer… and if you’re around Teton Valley on Saturday, July 15th you should come join the festivities too.
MAGNIFY YOUR AAA SUPPORT – GIVE THROUGH TIN CUP BY JULY 21!
James, we are asking you to support the AAA through the Tin Cup Challenge this summer. Why, you ask?? This is an opportunity to support an organization you believe in and make your donation go ~50% further. The AAA has accomplished some great things in recent years:
· Developing and launching the new AAA Pro Training Program in the US for greater consistency in professional level avalanche training.
· Publishing a new volume of The Snowy Torrents – the first new volume of this valuable series in twenty years!
· Completing a new revision to Snow, Weather, and Avalanches: Observation Guidelines for Avalanche Programs in the United States (SWAG).
· Supporting regional snow and avalanche workshops through the AAA Pro Development Workshop Grant program – thirteen events with attendees from at least fifteen states and Canada during the 2016/17 season.
· Funding snow and avalanche research by graduate students and practitioners.
· Refreshing the look and feel of The Avalanche Review so that its exterior mirrors the professional, high quality content you find in each and every issue four times per winter.
· Maintaining and continuing to evolve www.avalanche.org to connect the public to avalanche forecasts, education, and resources in the United States.
And we want to keep doing more for avalanche professionals and the entire avalanche industry! All donations to the AAA through the Tin Cup Challenge will go directly to supporting AAA operations that have made the above accomplishments happen. To be a part of the Tin Cup Challenge, you must contribute by 5pm (MDT) on July 21st.
DONATE ONLINE by clicking on the “Give Online” link at www.tincupchallenge.org and selecting American Avalanche Association as the recipient of your donation (you can support countless other Teton Valley nonprofits through one convenient checkout here too). Your donation will only count towards the AAA’s Tin Cup matching grant if it is made directly through the Community Foundation of Teton Valley.
We need and value your support. Please help us continue to provide programs and services that benefit avalanche professionals and the avalanche industry in the United States.
Jaime Musnicki, Executive Director