Colorado Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan Completed

Colorado State Parks is proud to announce the completion of the 2008-2012 Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP)! Included in the plan is a wealth of information on Colorado‘s
outdoor recreation trends, needs and issues, as well as a strategic planning framework to help address these needs and issues. The SCORP Executive Summary can be accessed at or The full document will be uploaded to this website by late November 2008.

The SCORP is a requirement of the Land and Water Conservation (LWCF) Program and is managed by the National Park Service (NPS). Each year, the NPS distributes stateside grants that are appropriated annually by the United States Congress. The Colorado State Trails Program, within Colorado State Parks, manages Colorado’s LWCF program. If you have any questions or would like to request hard copies of the executive summary or completed plan, please send your contact information to Scott Babcock at or call 303.866.3203 x4306.

Dean Winstanley,

Colorado State Parks

1313 Sherman Street, #618

Denver, CO 80203

Phone: (303) 866-2884

4 Comments on “Colorado Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan Completed”

  1. You need the person/entity holding the permit to go in an fight for the user days. They may have to file and appeal and work their way up the ladder. The best argument is historical use and a good/clean record. A good business plan showing investment in the business and the loss of jobs with the new numbers also is compelling. Keep me informed. It is sometimes and an easy fight and sometimes a no-win situation based on the criteria the state used for the decision.


  2. Anonymous says:

    I am currently a fly fishing guide in Colorado and have found out that my local state park has cut the user days on the tailwater I work on all winter. The user days have been cut in half with no notice to all the outfitters here. The shop I work for has a record of user days over the past ten years and have stayed the same on the amount of use. What do I do to protect my job?


  3. You need a license. You must also follow specific state laws for outfitters and guides and get a fishing guide license. I would start with the Dept of Wildlife and Co Parks.


  4. Anonymous says:

    how do i find out the laws for renting fishing supplies…I have a ice fishing company I am starting and need to know if I nned a outfitter license or what…All i am doing is renting the supplies and takimg them to the lake they want them at,,,


Have a Comment? Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.