Grand Canyon Association needs a Outreach and Public Relations AssistantPosted: January 1, 2011
Grand Canyon Association, a cooperating association partner at Grand Canyon National Park, seeks an Outreach and Public Relations Assistant to provide assistance in facilitating various events and creating consistent messaging within the media and promotional materials. This position will report to the Outreach and Public Relations Manager.
This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. The successful candidate will typically work a schedule consisting of approximately 5-10 hours per week, performed over the course of regular business hours. The position is not benefit-eligible and housing is not available with the position. The position can be based in either our Grand Canyon or Flagstaff offices. Some travel may be required.
The assistant duties include but are not limited to the following areas of assignment:
Celebration of Art
· Work with OPR Manager to coordinate event
· Gather artist submissions and help prepare for jury process
· Assist with planning process and gather feedback
· Assist with gathering artists content needed for show catalog, website and promotional materials.
· Upload event on websites around the country
· Assist with all events during the “event week”
Canyon Country Lecture Series
· Assist in scheduling speakers for lectures in Flagstaff, Glendale and Prescott
· Gather content for promotional flyers and websites
· Upload event in selected websites around the state of Arizona
· Follow up with venues on technical needs for each speaker
New Book Promotion
· Assist with promotional efforts for all new and backlist GCA publications
Kolb Studio Exhibit Program
· Assist in the planning and implantation process for each exhibit.
· Upload exhibits on targeted web calendars
SKILLS NECESSARY FOR THE POSITION:
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Positive can-do attitude and good customer service skills
An ability to exercise good judgment and posses problem solving skills
The ability to multi-task with minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment
Excellent attention to detail and great organizational skills
Good proofreading skills
Good working knowledge of or an ability to quickly learn software programs, including but not limited to MSWord, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
The incumbent will have contact with the general public, National Park Service, park concessioners, and Grand Canyon Association staff.
- Two years of clerical experience, including experience in drafting professional correspondence
- General knowledge of the Grand Canyon region
The work is primarily sedentary office work with frequent periods of standing, walking, bending, and lifting. Frequent use of a keyboard is expected.
TO APPLY: Contact: Patty Brookins, Grand Canyon Association, P.O. Box 399, Grand Canyon, AZ 86023, (928) 638-7037, email@example.com
Grand Canyon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer