|THINKING ABOUT 2014OUTDOOR STEWARDSHIP PROJECTS WITH VOC? It’s not too soon!
Photo courtesy Margaret Bloomer
It’s true! We’re already thinking about next year even though we are only part way through this season. Applications are due by September 20th for larger (multi-day and/or over 50 people) projects. Applications for smaller projects (one-day and/or less than 50 people) can be accepted any time, but to get it on our 2014 season calendar, we need the application by October 31st
. Earlier applications will get priority!
Use the following criteria to determine if your project idea is a good fit with VOC. More information can be found at the link above.
– The project will provide a rewarding and safe volunteer experience.
– There is a critical need for the project such as high use, environmental degradation, threats to resources or community need. It has been identified as a priority for your agency.
– The work can be accomplished in the designated time frame.
– It is a good opportunity for community involvement.
– All required environmental studies, such as NEPA, will be completed before project planning begins.
– Your agency staff is able to meet with VOC project planners to ensure success.
ALSO — Next year is VOC’s 30th anniversary! It will be an opportunity to showcase work that we have done over the years. If you have an anniversary-themed idea for a project or location that has historical significance for VOC, please let us know in your application!
The VOC project selection committee works to select a diverse slate of projects that fit land agency priorities, volunteers’ expectations, and community needs.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis by the Project Selection Committee and scheduled to be scouted. The earlier in the fall we can do this, the better.
Any questions? Call Dean Winstanley at 303-715-1010 x119 or email at: dean