Colorado Agency now regulating Zip Lines and Ropes Courses in OhioPosted: April 18, 2015
From: OPS Amusement Rides and Devices Program [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 3:26 PM
Subject: Proposed Revisions to the Amusement Rides and Devices Regulations and New Certificate of Inspection Form
Dear Amusement Rides and Devices Stakeholder,
The Amusement Rides and Devices Program hosted a stakeholder meeting on February 20, 2015, to discuss proposed changes to our rules, which included:
- adding language for the regulation of challenge courses and trampoline parks;
- improving current language in regulation regarding zip lines;
- adding language for patron responsibility;
- clarifying language for reportable injuries; and
- updating and/or including applicable standards and definitions.
We took all comments and feedback provided during the meeting into consideration and have postponed the effective date of the proposed changes to July 30, 2015, in order to conduct a second stakeholder meeting to discuss the revisions made after the meeting on February 20th. A draft copy of the revised proposed regulations is attached to this email for your review.
The second stakeholder meetings is scheduled for Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 1 pm in Conference Room 5C at the CDLE offices (633 17th Street, Denver, Colorado 80202). If you cannot attend the meeting, we encourage you to submit feedback to Scott Narreau at scott.narreau or 303-318-8495. If you plan to attend the meeting:
- Please RSVP by sending an email to cdle_amusements; include your organization’s name and your contact information in your email.
- When you arrive for the meeting, please check in on the 2nd floor, and then you will be directed to the 5th floor conference room.
In addition to the rule changes, we have also made changes to our Certificate of Inspection form. The purpose of changing the form is to further streamline the application process by reducing the amount of documentation submitted to our office. With the new form, a Third-Party Inspector can submit inspection certification information for up to 10 devices on one single form. We have attached a draft copy of the new Certificate of Inspection form to this email. We encourage you to review it and advise us if these or other changes would benefit you as either an operator or a Third-Party inspector.
As always, we thank you for your participation in our program.
Division of Oil and Public Safety
Amusement Rides and Devices Program
We Keep Colorado Working.
633 17th St., Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202
cdle_amusements | www.colorado.gov/ops/amusementrides
**How are we doing? Please complete this survey to provide your feedback: OPS Customer Survey.**