CDOT to offer Bicycle Facilities Design and Pedestrian Facilities Design CoursesPosted: April 18, 2013
Bicycle Facilities Design and Pedestrian Facilities Design Courses
CDOT’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Program is once again sponsoring its popular Bicycle Facilities Design and Pedestrian Facilities Design courses to be held in multiple locations around the state. These courses are highly interactive and include hands-on design training exercises. Based upon CDOT’s recently adopted Bicycle and Pedestrian Facility Design chapter of the CDOT Roadway Design Guide, AASHTO’s new Guide for the Development of Bicycle Facilities, National Highway Institute, and incorporating discussions of new and innovative design practices, these courses will provide the tools you need to develop effective active transportation networks.
The schedule for these courses is provided below:
· Wednesday – April 24 Denver metro area – Pedestrian Facilities Design Course
· Thursday – April 25th Denver metro area – Bicycle Facilities Design Course
· Friday – April 26th Pueblo – Bicycle Facilities Design Course
· Monday – April 29th Durango – Bicycle Facilities Design Course
· Wednesday – May 1st Grand Junction – Pedestrian Design Course
· Thursday – May 2nd Dillon-Sliverthorne – Bicycle Facilities Design Course
More info to come. Class size is limited. First priority will be given to CDOT and local agency staff. On-line registration will be open next Wednesday, March 27.
CDOT Bicycle/Pedestrian/Byways Section Manager
4201 E. Arkansas Avenue
Denver, CO 80222