The Therapeutic Recreation Journal has issued a Call for Editor. Information about this position can be found below or in the attached PDF. Please
forward this information to those who might be interested in this great opportunity.
Thank you and have a great weekend.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Sagamore Publishing LLC
C A L L F O R E D I T O R
TERM: Jan. 1, 2014-Dec. 31, 2016
Therapeutic Recreation Journal
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA), with the
assistance of Sagamore Publishing, LLC, is currently seeking candidates
for the position of editor for the Therapeutic Recreation Journal (TRJ).
The Therapeutic Recreation Journal is a renowned, peer-reviewed, quarterly
publication devoted to publishing scholarly and substantive manuscripts
in the field of therapeutic recreation. The Journal provides a national
forum for research and discussion on the needs of persons with
disabilities, problems confronting the profession, new vistas of services,
and receiving therapeutic recreation services. The Journal seeks materials
that are theoretically, empirically, or practically based and substantive in
the sense of proposing, discovering, or replicating knowledge in the field
of therapeutic recreation.
The information provided below outlines qualifications and responsibilities for the position. The
editor of TRJ has a tremendous opportunity to significantly impact the therapeutic recreation
TRJ Editor Qualifications and Responsibilities
1. Recognized, scholarly contributions to the field of leisure, recreation, and therapeutic recreation
2. Awareness and understanding of the theory and methods of multidisciplinary approaches to the
study of recreation, and therapeutic recreation
3. Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) preferred
1. Be responsible for receiving, reviewing, and selecting the material that will make up the Therapeutic
Recreation Journal using the Manuscript Management System provided by Sagamore Publishing.
2. Be responsible for maintaining the office of the Editor of the Therapeutic Recreation Journal and its
attendant requirements and duties.
3. Supervise the work of the Associate Editors and reviewers.
4. Be responsible for conducting the search for and selection of new Associate Editors.
5. Be responsible for organizing and conducting the meeting of the Associate Editors held annually
during the NRPA Congress.
6. Maintain close communication with Sagamore Publishing, LLC, who will serve as the Managing
7. Be responsible for implementing editorial policies and procedures as determined by the Editor,
NRPA, Sagamore Publishing, and the Associate Editors.
Required Institutional Support
The host institution needs to certify that the following support is available for the Editor:
1. Sufficient release time for the Editor to enable the successful fulfillment of the responsibilities.
2. Necessary administrative support for the Editor and necessary clerical support equipment.
3. Adequate office space.
4. Travel expenses for the Editor to attend the annual meeting of the editorial staff at NRPA Congress.
5. Ability to assume partial costs of institutional overhead expenses for mailing, printing, forms, phone
calls, and miscellaneous supplies. A stipend of $4,000.00 will be paid for this position.
Information to be Submitted with the Nomination or Application
1. A cover letter stating the candidate’s desire to be editor including comments regarding philosophy or
approach to the position of Editor, as well as any appropriate changes that might be made in the
2. An up-to-date personal resume or academic vitae.
3. A statement from the supervisor indicating that the institution is willing to provide necessary
support requested in the preceding section.
4. Other materials that the applicant deems appropriate.
Application materials must be received by October 15, 2013. NRPA and Sagamore Publishing, LLC will
review the nominations and officially appoint the new Editor by November 30, 2013, who will be
responsible for the first issue of the Therapeutic Recreation Journal in 2014.
Direct Applications and Questions to:
Sagamore Publishing, LLC
1807 N Federal Drive
Urbana, IL 61801