Beaver Ponds Environmental Education Center is seeking a Director of DevelopmentPosted: November 17, 2015
Beaver Ponds Environmental Education Center is seeking a Director of Development to lead the development, marketing and fundraising activities for the organization. Beaver Ponds is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, 45 minutes south of Breckenridge. This new position will be responsible for building the development function and significantly contributing to the financial growth of the organization. It will require a dynamic, self-starter who is results oriented. To apply and view a complete job description see, visit BeaverPonds.org.
Director of Development
Beaver Ponds Environmental Education Center
Beaver Ponds opened in October 2012 and is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains about 30 minutes from Breckenridge and 2 hours from Denver.
Our mission is to demonstrate alternative energy systems, agricultural sustainability, and ecology to instill in our visitors a balanced and respectful understanding of the intricacies of the earth’s interrelated systems. Using science-based education methods, we integrate scientific disciplines and collaborate with a number of organizations to create a teaching space that provides learning opportunities for everyone.
Our mission is to give individuals of all ages the tools and knowledge to become good stewards of the earth.
Be conversant in the educational resources that Beaver Ponds has to offer and share information that is factual and easily understood by a variety of audiences.
Preserve the ecological balance at Beaver Ponds through active forest management and monitoring environmental variables.
Educate people of all ages about the practices of ecological stewardship, energy self-sufficiency, sustainable high elevation agriculture and animal husbandry.
Engage academic communities through outreach and seminars that are mutually beneficial to them and the mission of Beaver Ponds.
Create enriching, high quality learning opportunities that benefit all people who visit Beaver Ponds.
Beaver Ponds is looking for a dynamic, results-oriented individual who is a self-starter. The person will develop and spearhead all the development, marketing and fundraising activities for the organization. The person will report to and work in partnership with the President. The Director of Development will also work closely with and coordinate activities with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. A new position in the organization, the Director of Development will build the development function. The Director of Development will be expected to significantly contribute to the organization’s financial growth and ensure that all fundraising events and initiatives have well-articulated goals and measures of success and are in alignment with the organization’s mission.The Director of Development goals would be to raise from new sources, a minimum of 20% of the operating budget in their first year, 35% in their second year, and 50% in their third year.
· Develop and execute Beaver Pond’s annual fundraising plan
· Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
· Manage the Beaver Ponds contact database and its use
· Develop marketing materials
o Oversee production of print and electronic public relations and marketing materials, including newsletters, updates, and annual reports.
o Direct the maintenance and upgrades to the organization’s website and public information communications.
· Develop and oversee special events
o Establish goals and metrics for special events
· Develop and track proposals and reports for all fundraising activities
· Work with Executive Director to create volunteer activities and assist in recruiting and managing volunteers
· Other activities which will further Beaver Pond’s mission and meet its financial needs
· BA (required)
· 3-5 years minimum experience in development, fundraising and marketing
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational and managerial skills, and verbal and written communication
· Capable of using all common relevant software tools
· Familiar with using social media to obtain desired results
· Proven excellent people skills
· Competitive based on
o Experience and achievement of results
o Time commitment- full versus part-time
· Most activities can be done remotely
Please submit a letter of interest, along with examples of previous work, such as a grant or solicitation letter or marketing material. Submit letter of interest or other inquiries to:
Beaver Ponds Environmental Education Center