|August 20, 2018
A3 is pleased to announce the availability of two scholarships for A3 Members to attend the ISSW this October, 2018 in Innsbruck, Austria. Each scholarship will include conference registration and a $500 stipend to defray travel expenses.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a student, and the other to a practitioner. Please note that one must apply as either a student or a practitioner, but not both.
- Interested parties should submit a 250-500 word essay explaining how they would put the scholarship to good use.
- A3 President John Stimberis will select the winners in consultation with the A3 board.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to either write an article for The Avalanche Review or make a presentation at an A3 supported Snow and Avalanche Workshop. Recipients will be strongly encouraged to provide at least 2 social media posts during the conference.
Dates and Deadlines:
- Interested parties should submit their essays to Dan Kaveney at dan by August 29, 2018 at 5 PM MDT.
- Recipients will be notified by September 5, 2018.
Thanks to our major sponsors for making ISSW Sponsorship and this scholarship possible.