Posted: February 5, 2016 Filed under: Cycling | Tags: Bicycle Maintenance, Bike Maintenance, bottom bracket, braking, Cycling, Cyclocross, forks, Lennard Zinn, shifting, systems, Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
Lennard Zinn’s New Road Bike Maintenance Book Covers New and Old Tech for All the Bikes You Ride
Lennard Zinn, the world’s leading expert on bicycle maintenance and repair, has released the new fifth edition of his best-selling guide Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance. Offering simple step-by-step instructions to vintage components as well as the newest shifting, braking, cyclocross, forks, and bottom bracket systems, Zinn’s fifth edition is the most complete resource for DIY bike service. The book is now available in bookstores, bike shops, and online. Preview the book and the expanded table of contents at http://www.velopress.com/zinn.
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance is the world’s best-selling guide to bicycle repair and maintenance. From basic repairs like how to fix a flat tire to advanced overhauls of drivetrains and brakes, Lennard Zinn’s clearly illustrated guide makes every bicycle repair and maintenance job easy for everyone.
Zinn’s friendly step-by-step guide explains the tools you’ll need and how to know you’ve done the job right. The book’s two-color interior is easy to read-even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. Hundreds of hand-drawn illustrations and exploded parts diagrams show just the right level of detail to lead you through every bicycle repair task.
What’s New in Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, 5th Ed.:
* New tech covered in depth: through-axle forks, SRAM eTap wireless shifting, second generation Shimano and Campagnolo electronic shifting, direct-mount sidepull brakes, SRAM X-Sync 1×11 cyclocross systems, tubular tire gluing tapes.
* New chapter on electronic shifting covers maintenance, service, repair, and troubleshooting of all Shimano, SRAM, and Campagnolo electronic shifting groups.
* New chapter on disc brakes covers maintenance, service, and repair of all hydraulic and mechanical systems.
* New troubleshooting charts
* New master guide to press-fit bottom brackets
* Also covered in the 5th edition: All derailleur shifting systems (5-speed through 11-speed); all bottom bracket systems (cone-and-cup through press-fit); all brake systems (including caliper, V-brake, cantilever, and disc); all headset, stem, handlebar and fork systems; wheelbuilding for all bikes including cyclocross and disc-brake wheels; special sections on cyclocross throughout including troubleshooting, maintenance, service, repair, and equipment selection; updated and expanded torque tables; complete illustration index and complete subject index.
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance: The World’s Best-Selling Bicycle Repair and Maintenance Guide, 5th Ed.
Lennard Zinn | Paperback. Two-color interior with tables and over 700 illustrations throughout.
8 1/2″ x 11″, 488 pp., $26.95, 9781937715373
Lennard Zinn is the world’s leading expert on bike maintenance and repair. He is a world-renowned bicycle technician, frame builder, and tech writer for VELO magazine and VeloNews.com. Zinn was a member of the U.S. national racing team and has been riding and fixing bikes for nearly 50 years. A professional frame builder for his business Zinn Cycles, Lennard hosts the popular bike tech Q&A column on VeloNews.com. His best-selling bike maintenance and repair books include Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, Zinn & the Art of Triathlon Bikes, Zinn’s Cycling Primer, The Mountain Bike Performance Handbook, and The Mountain Bike Owner’s Manual.