Pathways Europe 2018 – Goslar, Germany
Conference Announcement and Call for Papers
Pathways – Human Dimensions of Fisheries and Wildlife Conference Europe
Conference Theme: Resurrecting the Wild!?
Goslar, Germany – September 16 – 19, 2018
Improving the understanding of human dimensions of natural resource management and conservation through the application of social and economic sciences in a sustainable use and conservation context is being perceived as a major prerequisite for a successful balance of stakeholder interests, as reflected in the United Nations’ recently adapted Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in the EU Commission’s “Action Plan for nature, people and the economy.” However, crossing disciplinary boundaries and the effective engagement with the human dimensions of natural resources such as wildlife and fisheries is still uncommon, sometimes accredited to the lack of awareness about the scope and importance of social and economic sciences related to the environment. The Pathways – Human Dimensions of Fisheries and Wildlife Conference aims at bringing researchers and practitioners together that value the contributions of social, economic and social-ecological science to the improvement of natural resource management and conservation. The conference’s key target audiences are scientists, governmental and non-governmental natural resource managers, stakeholder groups, especially land and water users/land owners, and other practitioners in the field. It wants to attract enthusiastic presenters and trainers allowing professionals to participate and engage with like-minded professionals across national, state, and institutional boundaries.
Conference Subjects and Submission Deadlines
We are proposing four major content categories for thematic orientation:
- Social-ecological systems as a framework for conservation management
- Management of Human-Wildlife Conflicts: Large Carnivores in Europe (and beyond)
- Management of Human-Wildlife Conflicts: “Other” Species in Europe (and beyond)
- Natural Resource and Conservation Stakeholders: Managing Expectations and Engagement
For a detailed description of these subjects, the presentation formats and the submission instructions please visit the conference web site at https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/pathways/ and https://www.nna.niedersachsen.de/pathways/ for further information.
- Individual abstracts for oral or poster presentations: February 28, 2018
- All other formats: February 15, 2018
You may contact the organizers at pathways2018 in case of further questions.
The Annual Experience Industry Management (EIM) Conference hosted by the Department of Recreation Management at BYU will take place March 29-30, 2016 in Provo, UT.
This three-day event brings together academics and professionals from a variety of fields and industries to talk about the provision of meaningful experiences. The conference also provides excellent networking opportunities for current students interested in experience industry related careers.
This year’s conference will features an excellent selection of experience design related speakers, workshops, and networking events. Announced speakers include:
- Dan Farr, Founder of SLC Comic Con
- Fire Fly
- Tanner Bell, President of Ragnar Events
- Davis Smith, CEO of Cotopaxi
- Todd Manwaring, Director of BYU’s Ballard Center for Economic Self-Reliance and Peery Social Entrepreneurship Program
A research retreat on Monday, March 28 precedes the conference. The day will provide researchers the opportunity to: generate and share research ideas by leading a roundtable discussion, share work in progress, and/or present completed research. The intent is to provide a setting different than a traditional research symposium by creating time and space for discussion of ideas. The hope is to bring a group of academics together who have a shared interest in studying and understanding experiences from the participant and provider perspective and who are eager to discuss ideas. We define experiences quite broadly and hope to attract a diverse array of researchers, research topics, and discussion areas. It will be a collaborative and intimate experience with ample opportunities for interaction.
For more information and to register visit: http://marriottschool.byu.edu/event/eimconf2016/home
The abstract submission deadline for the EIM Research Retreat is February 16th. See the attachment for more information.
Mat Duerden, PhD
Department of Recreation Management
Marriott School of Management
Brigham Young University
Taylor’s University will host the 12th Asia Pacific CHRIE (ApacCHRIE) Conference in Kuala Lumpur from 21 – 24 May 2014. We welcome submission of papers on the following themes, and look forward to welcoming you to Kuala Lumpur next May.
12TH ASIA PACIFIC CHRIE (APacCHRIE) CONFERENCE 2014
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
Breaking Barriers Shifting Gears
Date: 21-24 May 2014
Venue: Sunway Resort Hotel, Bandar Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS
We are pleased to announce the “12th Asia Pacific CHRIE (APacCHRIE) Conference 2014” to be organized by Taylor’s University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and welcome all delegates to this beautiful country.
Call For Papers
The conference will focus on a broad range of topics related to tourism and hospitality. The conference organizers invite papers, abstracts and presentations relevant to the theme of the conference “Breaking Barriers Shifting Gears”. Papers are also invited in the sub themes of:
- Innovations of hospitality/tourism and sustainability
- Marketing channels, issues and transformations/new trends of marketing channel in hospitality/tourism
- Transformation of distribution channels and contemporary issues
- Destination branding and promotion
- Competition and cooperation
- Tourist experience and human interactions
- Consumer behaviour in hospitality/tourism
- Public-private partnerships
- Innovation in government and the economy
- Innovation systems and the geography of innovation (national, subnational, international, others)
- Social innovation and sustainability
- Knowledge economies, knowledge management
- Strategic organization and management
- ICT and social networks
- Language, culture, and globalization
- Social work and social development
- Community resilience and social capital
- Sustainable tourism
- Rural tourism and green tourism
- Ethics, leadership, and corporate social responsibility
- Other papers related to the theme of the Conference.
Who Should Attend?
- Academics and educators in tourism/hospitality fields
- Managers of hotels/restaurants/tourism businesses
- Trainers in tourism/hospitality/restaurant fields
- Tourism/hospitality researchers and industry consultants
- Interregional organisations with interest in tourism/hospitality industry
- Administrators of tourism/hospitality management educational programs
- Tourism/hospitality/ restaurant industry executives and representatives of multinational firms
- Financial institutions and tourism industry investors
- Tourism policy makers and national tourism organisation directors
- Students in tourism/ hospitality management
- Abstracts (three (3) pages extended abstract, typed, single-spaced and maximum 1,500 words) should be submitted for review and selection.
- The abstractsshould summarize the key points of the paper and with a maximum of 6 keywords that define the subject matter.
- The paper is reviewed based on the quality of the abstract. Thus, ensure a complete abstract is submitted.
- Authors should write their name and indicate their affiliation (e.g. university name, country) only below the title of the paper.
- Abstracts must be submitted using the Easychair system https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=apacchrie2014
- All the abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Paper Review Committee and authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers through the above link.
Deadlines for Submission
Abstracts (3 page extended abstract) Submission: 31 January 2014
Full Paper Submission: 21 April, 2014
- Once the abstract is accepted, at least one of the authors must register and present the paper at the Conference.
- Camera ready versions of the accepted papers will be distributed to all the conference delegates via CD-ROM (with ISBN) or USB drive.
- Best papers will be competitively selected and authors will be acknowledged with a plaque and certificate.
- Selected papers will be considered for publication in Sponsor Journals of the Conference.
Full Papers Submission
- Manuscripts submitted to 12th APacCHRIE Conference 2014 should be original contribution and should not have been previously published nor under consideration for publication elsewhere. Individual and multiple authors are welcome to contribute.
- Manuscripts must be written in English.
- The abstract should summarize the key points of the paper with a maximum of 6 keywords that define the subject matter.
- Manuscripts should normally not exceed 5,000 words.
- All contributions should follow the format and style described in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA, 6th edition).
- All manuscripts should be typed in MS WORD format, single-spaced with one-inch margins and using 12-point Times New Roman font (exception of tables 10-point Times New Roman).
- Manuscripts should include the following major sections & sequence: title, affiliation of the authors (e.g. university name, country), abstract (not more than 500 words), keywords (3-6 words only), main body (Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Findings, Conclusion) and references.
- The main body or text should be divided into headings and subheadings. Main headings should be centred on the page and subheadings placed at the left margin.
- Tables and figures (300dpi) should be clearly labelled, in the format and style described in APA (6th edition) and suitable for direct reproduction.
- References should follow the format and style described in APA (6th edition).
|21 MAY 2014 (WED)||9.00am – 12.00pm||APacCHRIE Board Meeting|
|12.00pm – 2.00pm||APacCHRIE Board Meeting Lunch|
|2.00pm – 7.00pm||Pre-Conference Registration|
|2.00pm – 7.00pm||Pre-Conference Tour:
Kuala Lumpur City Tour(inclusive of Conference package for registered delegates)
|7.00pm – 9.00pm||Opening Cocktail Reception|
|22 MAY 2014 (THU)||8.30am-6.00pm||Conference Registration|
|9.00am –9.30am||Opening Ceremony|
|9.30am – 10.15am||Opening Address and Keynote Speech 1|
|10.15am – 10.45am||Refreshment Break & Press Conference|
|10.45am– 11.30am||Keynote Speech 2|
|11.30am – 12.15pm||Keynote Speech 3|
|12.15pm – 2.00pm||Lunch|
|2.00pm – 3.30pm||Concurrent Session 1|
|3.30pm – 4.00pm||Refreshment Break & Poster Session 1|
|4.00pm – 5.30pm||Concurrent Session 2|
|7.00pm – 13.00pm||Conference Dinner|
|23 MAY 2014 (FRI)||8.30am-6.00pm||Conference Registration|
|9.00am –10.30am||Panel Session 1 (3 panellists)|
|10.30am – 11.00am||Refreshment Break & Poster Session 2|
|11.00am – 12.30pm||Concurrent Session 3|
|12.30pm – 2.00pm||Lunch|
|2.00pm – 3.30pm||Concurrent Session 4|
|3.30pm – 4.00pm||Refreshment Break|
|4.00pm – 5.30pm||Panel Session 2 (3 panellists)|
|7.00pm – 10.30pm||Gala Dinner & Cultural Show|
|24 MAY 2014 (SAT)||9.00am –10.30am||Panel Session 3 (3 panellists)|
|10.30am – 11.00am||Refreshment Break|
|11.00am – 12.30pm||APacCHRIE General Meeting|
|Best Paper Award|
|2015 APacCHRIE Conference Announcement|
|12.30pm – 2.00pm||Closing Lunch|
|2.00pm – 8.00pm||Post-Conference Tour 1: Putrajaya – A Heritage of the Future(cost to be announced later)|
|25 MAY 2014 (SUN)||9.00am –8.00pm||Post-Conference Tour 2: Malacca – A Historical & Heritage Trail(cost to be announced later)|
|25-28 MAY 2014||Optional Tours(would be arranged by appointed Tour Companies)3D/2N Langkawi, Kedah
3D/2N Redang Island, Trengganu
4D/3N Mulu National Park, Sarawak
4D/3N Kinabalu National Park, Sabah
(cost to be announced later)
All presenters and participants are invited to register for the conference. The conference registration fee includes participation in all conference sessions, participation in all scheduled meals, functions (including the opening cocktail), and refreshment breaks, and a copy of the conference proceedings and programme will be available via CDROM/USB drive at the conference. Registration fees are shown below:
(On or before 21 April 2014)
|· Member: USD 320 (RM 960)· Non-Member: USD 360 (RM 1,080)
· Spouse: USD 180 (RM 540)
|Regular Registration||· Member: USD 360 (RM 1,080)· Non-Member: USD 440 (RM 1,420)
· Spouse: USD 200 (RM 600)
(Registered in Overseas Universities)
|· USD 240 (RM 720) (before 21 April 2014)· USD 300 (RM 900) (after 21 April 2014)|
(Registered in Malaysian Universities)Tourism Educators Association of Malaysia (TEAM) Active Members
|· USD 200 (RM 600) (before 21 April 2014)· USD 250 (RM 750) (after 21 April 2014)|
- Registration Forms will be sent via email and/or are downloadable from the conference website.
- Full-time students are required to produce a letter or certificate of full-time status at the time of registration.
- Direct Deposit via Interbank or Interbranch – Bank : OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad – Account Type: Current A/C – Account Name: Taylor’s University Sdn Bhd – Account No: 701-130855-6
- Telegraphic Transfer (TT) Bank : OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad – Account No: 701-130855-6 – Bank Address: Ground Floor, KL Main Branch, Jalan Tun Perak, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Swift Code: OCBCMYKLXXX
- Local Bank Cheque make payable to : Taylor’s University Sdn Bhd
- A photocopy of the remittance slip must be emailed with the registration form to the Secretariat. All payment for the conference registration must be made in USD for International delegates and RM for Malaysian delegates.
- Cancellation policy: If cancelled before 21 April 2014, a refund will be made less USD 100 (RM 300) administrative charge. Notice of cancellation must be received in written form. No refund after 21 April 2014.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of full payment.
|Asia-Pacific Journal of Innovation in Hospitality and Tourismhttp://www.taylors.edu.my/apjiht
|European Journal of Tourism Researchhttp://ejtr.vumk.eu/
ISSN: 1314 – 0817
|International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Managementhttp://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=0959-6119
|International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Researchhttp://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=ijcthr
|Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Managementhttp://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t792306863~db=all
|Journal of Travel Researchhttp://jtr.sagepub.com/
|Managing Service Qualityhttp://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=msq
|Tourism Review http://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=tr
|Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themeshttp://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=whatt
|TEAM Journal of Hospitality & Tourismhttp://teamjournalht.wordpress.com
|Journal of Vacation Marketinghttp://www.uk.sagepub.com/journals/Journal201732
Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa,
Persiaran Lagoon, Bandar Sunway
46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Tel +603-7492 8000 Fax +603-7492 8001
Dr. Chong Li Choo, Conference Secretariat
School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts,
Taylor’s University, Lakeside Campus,
No. 1, Jalan Taylor’s, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +603-56295000; Fax: +603-56295001
Confidentiality Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the intended addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose, distribute or otherwise act in reliance upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments. Taylor’s Education Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any internet communications by any third party in reliance to this email, or from the transmission of any viruses. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Taylor’s Education Group. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by Taylor’s Education Group for operational or business reasons.
Call for Presentation and Poster Proposals
The 2013 National Outdoor Recreation Conference and IUFRO Conference on Forests for People
The Society of Outdoor Recreation Professionals is proud to be sponsoring the 2013 National Outdoor Recreation Conference in conjunction with the second annual International Union of Forest Research Organizations Conference on Forests for People in Traverse City, Michigan from May 19-23, 2013.
We are pleased to offer this exciting and unique joint forum. These two educational programs will be seamlessly blended, while still retaining the individual identity of the two host organizations. You will have the opportunity to submit a presentation(s), host a poster session, and attend any session of these two educational programs.
One registration form and one registration fee will cover both conferences. The program will offer several joint sessions and field workshops, along with separate concurrent sessions tailored directly to the related themes of each conference. The sessions will be carefully synchronized to allow participants to move across as many as seven choices.
This joint call for presentations and posters allows you to target your presentation and/or poster session to the conference and theme that meets your needs.
This is a new model for professional education and development tailored for these difficult economic times. With the co-location and the joint administration of the programs, participants will have more opportunities and a greater experience.
More information about the 2013 National Outdoor Recreation and Forests for People Conference is at www.recpro.org/2013-sorp-ffp-conference. Check back often, as updates will be made regularly as the program develops.
Click here to download the Call for Proposals and Abstract Submission Form package.
Don’t delay, the deadline to submit a proposal is November 16, 2012.
Society of Outdoor Recreation Professionals
PO Box 221
Marienville, PA 16239
(814) 927-6659 FAX
Robert C. Burns, Ph.D.
6125 Percival Hall
Morgantown, WV 26506-6125
Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference 2012
The Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference 2012 has officially released its Call of Posters. Please help us get the word out. Here is the link: http://www.ecotourismconference.org/estc12-poster-session. The registration for the conference is also open at this time. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Mercedes Hunt, Events Manager
The International Ecotourism Society | www.ecotourism.org
p: +1 202 506 5033 ext x12
ESTC on Facebook: ESTC.Tourism
Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference (ESTC) |www.ecotourismconference.org
The ESTC brings together innovative minds from across the industry to discuss practical ideas and solutions that inspire positive changes. Sept 17-19, 2012, Monterey, California, USA